Detroit Diesel DD13
Fuel-efficient design delivers bottom-line benefits. Designed specifically for intrastate local distribution and vocational applications, the DD13 delivers a smooth, quiet ride and improved fuel economy.
- Smart, fuel-efficient design makes the most of every litre.
- Amplified Common Rail Fuel System (ACRS) optimises each injection event to minimise fuel consumption.
- Advanced cooling system allows for decreased fan on time, minimising fuel consumption.
- Lower your cost of ownership with easier serviceability.
- Longest scheduled maintenance intervals in its class.
- Oil, coolant and fuel filters are positioned above the frame rails for easier, faster and cleaner filter changes.
- 65% parts commonality with DD15 means unmatched parts availability.
- Maintenance-free crankcase breather.
- Meet your deadline every time. Enjoy less shifting with an extremely wide and flat torque curve.
- Three-stage integrated Jacobs brake offers quieter engine braking and provides superior braking horsepower for extended service brake life.
- Overall robust design provides B50 life of 1 million kilometres.
- Sturdy rear gear train and ribbed cast iron block minimise noise vibration harshness (NVH)